SSI is pioneering new technologies and strategies to assist in the war against organized retail crime (ORC). ORC refers to groups, gangs and sometimes individuals who are engaged in illegally obtaining retail merchandise through both theft and fraud in substantial quantities as part of a larger criminal enterprise. The losses to Americans are substantial and are ultimately absorbed by the consumer.
In 2022, the National Retail Federation (NRF) reported:
- ORC is a multi-billion dollar crisis impacting retailers, associates and consumers.
- Retail is the nation’s largest private-sector employer, with 4.2 million establishments supporting one in four U.S. jobs or 52 million working Americans.
- The retail sector contributes $3.9 trillion to U.S. GDP annually.
- As criminal groups have become more violent in their tactics and utilize new channels to resell stolen goods, concerns continue to grow year over year.
SSI has successfully developed and deployed a unique strategy that proactively connects retailers and law enforcement, resulting in the arrest of known thieves, fraudsters and ORC players. Offerings include:
- Public & Private Video/Data Sharing
- Facial Recognition/Video Analytics
- IP Video Solutions
- Megapixel Video
- Analog Video
- Strategic Technology Rollouts
- Point of Sale/Data Mining
- National Installation
- Access Control
- System Design