SSI is pioneering new technologies and strategies to assist in the war against organized retail crime (ORC).
ORC refers to groups, gangs and sometimes individuals who are engaged in illegally obtaining retail merchandise through both theft and fraud in substantial quantities as part of a criminal enterprise.
The losses to Americans are substantial and are ultimately absorbed by you and I, the consumer.
In 2010 NRF reports:
- In the U.S. there are more than 1.6 million American companies that employ nearly 25 million workers.
- American retailers generated sales of $2.3 trillion.
- ORC losses total an estimated $15-30 billion annually.
- ORC teams often target several retailers in one day moving from state to state stealing and reselling merchandise. These groups often steal thousands of dollars of merchandise with the intent to resell it at a profit, buy drugs or fund terrorist/illicit activities.
SSI has developed and successfully deployed a unique strategy that connects retailers and law enforcement in a proactive program that has resulted in the arrests of the known thieves, fraudsters and ORC members.
- Public and Private Video / Data Sharing
- Facial Recognition / Video Analytics
- IP Video Solutions
- Megapixel Video
- Analog Video
- Strategic Technology Roll Outs
- Point of Sale / Data Mining
- National Installation
- Access Control
- System Design
What Our Clients Are Saying
"We have been working with SSI for the last couple of years and they have been great to work with as an integrator/equipment supplier. My sales rep is constantly in touch with us almost weekly, I appreciate his response to any and all of our needs in such a timely manner."